New VH Footage !!!! 2012 tickets on sale Jan 10th!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diamondjimi
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2004

Wankers!
    Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by lesfunk
      I posted about the tour over at Talkbass.com
      Now there's a forum with even less going for it than this one......

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• adena dodds
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2010

WHOOOO! Youza, Youza, Youza!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
          Commando
          • Apr 2006

Yes Sir! A very nice Christmas gift indeed. Now lets get to the New Years Eve party.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Hey Les, way to go! Fuck those mindless sheeple motherfuckers.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Nov 2004

Even here in Frogland the general media are relating the event.
              On a right-wing paper, even, for example:

Sure there will be less enthusiasm than in the US or the UK, but despite the fact the French have grown more and more
              musically non-connaisseurs, it's not Bulgaria or Turkey yet...
              And there still are hard-core real music fans who know what the real stuff is.

That said, the promo vid doesn't specify what kind of tour this is, and if it were a WORLD Tour they would have put it...
              So I'm afraid they'll once more play North America only... Damn...
              posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
              posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Le groupe entame alors une tournée de 25 dates. «La dernière», déclarent-ils lors du Festival d'été de Québec en 2008.
                I don't remember that. Also don't know where they got the 25 dates thing it was nearer 50.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by lesfunk
                  I got an infraction. Fuck Them
                  An "infraction." That just sounds so fucking stupid. You did a good thing by fucking with them.
                  Originally posted by perilouspete
                  fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• sadaist
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise
                    I'm afraid they'll once more play North America only... Damn...

I have a hunch you are wrong.

I truly believe this is going to be a LONG tour. Like when The Police toured for 1 1/2 years. They just kept adding more & more cities and dates. Van Halen has been cooped up for far too long. And it's not like they will just wait until the next tour do hit a particular country. This new album is such a big deal & rarity and everyone is sober & healthy (as far as we know), so I think we can expect to see them EVERYWHERE!

This album is a big deal and they know it. The 2007/2008 tour they were on eggshells trying something out they hadn't done in 22 years with Ed on very shaky ground. 2012-2013 will be very different.
                    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      I don't remember that. Also don't know where they got the 25 dates thing it was nearer 50.
                      You're right, Sesh: they never announced it was the last tour, and they played way more than just 25 dates...
                      They may be general media, they could at least check the information before publishing anything.
                      posted by Ellyllions Men say, "I'll never understand women." That's a very lonely place to be if you're a woman because we don't understand half of what we do either.
                      posted by ALinChainz Katy, Pipe down, pump off, and fly back to your cave you old bat.

Comment

• Jérôme Frenchise
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                        I have a hunch you are wrong.

I truly believe this is going to be a LONG tour. Like when The Police toured for 1 1/2 years. They just kept adding more & more cities and dates. Van Halen has been cooped up for far too long. And it's not like they will just wait until the next tour do hit a particular country. This new album is such a big deal & rarity and everyone is sober & healthy (as far as we know), so I think we can expect to see them EVERYWHERE!

This album is a big deal and they know it. The 2007/2008 tour they were on eggshells trying something out they hadn't done in 22 years with Ed on very shaky ground. 2012-2013 will be very different.
                        I do hope you are right Sada, and it sounds you are!

Cheers!

:bottle:

Comment

• vh rides again
                          Commando
                          • Dec 2006

There's just something that really bugs me about these guys that makes me not really excited like I want to be.
                          With all the rumors about how this album came about, like Dave recording somewhere else especially, it takes the fun out of it, I feel like I'm getting duped into something that just ain't so.

It's hard to be happy for 3 guys that can't stand each other enough to hang out and and at least say we are some lucky mother fuckers. How could you not have a bond with someone like that?
                          They must be pretty shallow people.

Back in the day, they were the band that no other band could compare to. today because of ego's and the fact that they don't have any ambition other than money it's hard to brag about them being something special.

This whole thing stinks of desperation and lawyers.

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again
                            There's just something that really bugs me about these guys that makes me not really excited like I want to be.
                            With all the rumors about how this album came about, like Dave recording somewhere else especially, it takes the fun out of it, I feel like I'm getting duped into something that just ain't so.

It's hard to be happy for 3 guys that can't stand each other enough to hang out and and at least say we are some lucky mother fuckers. How could you not have a bond with someone like that?

Back in the day, they were the band that no other band could compare to. today because of ego's and the fact that they don't have any ambition other than money it's hard to brag about them being something special.

Maybe.

But I was at the San Diego show in Nov 2007. I saw how Ed & Dave were together. That shit wasn't faked. They truly were having a blast together and you could feel the bond between the two. As far as everything you mentioned, they are just rumors. We may never know what really happened these last few years....or until someone releases another book.

But I think they are getting this done DESPITE any lawyers or desperation.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Originally posted by sadaist
                              ...As far as everything you mentioned, they are just rumors. We may never know what really happened these last few years....or until someone releases another book. But I think they are getting this done DESPITE any lawyers or desperation.
                              Agreed. Besides, there are precisely three key factors in preserving ones own sanity while being a Van Halen fan these days and they are as follows:

A. Forget the whole Michael Anthony/Wolfgang issue. Dwelling on it gets you nowhere and there ain't shit that can be done about it. Just fuck it and let it go. They all have.

B. Do not give a shit about whether or not they are capable of hanging out together like a young garage band with fire in their bellies. That's not what they are and they don't care who you are hanging out with. Remember, these are just people.

C. Be patient. Listen to other things. A watched VH kettle boils only on Ed's watch.
                              Last edited by DLR Bridge; 12-28-2011, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Terry
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again

Well, according to Roth, Landee and Eddie, when Van Halen were making the 1984 album there were plenty of days where Roth would be recording vocals while the rest of the band wasn't there. The story was that Roth would take the instrumental demos and drive around listening to them, writing his lyrics while cruising around. So it's not as if this group of guys were always all buddy-buddy with each other back in the old days, and any tension that is there now is not some sort of new feature. There were apparently plenty of times when CVH was a band where the members couldn't stand each other. And not just Roth and the Van Halens either. We now have access to 1982 interviews where Eddie is stating that he thinks Mike Anthony brings nothing to the creative process, yet he is still getting 25%.

Far as them wanting to make money, despite what ANY professional musician might say in an interview about artistic integrity, making money is always up there on the priority list. Otherwise, they wouldn't be professional musicians. I mean, Van Halen are rock stars. Big paydays go with the territory. I wouldn't disagree that 2007-2008 smacked of a cash grab, but nobody in the audience ever has a gun to their head forcing them to pay up.

I'm content being happy with the result if the music is good. Personally, I really don't give a shit if Roth and the Van Halens like each other or not as long as the music rocks.

Fuck, Hagar and the Van Halens had a virtual lovefest going when Hagar first joined the band, and the resultant music sucked. Roth and the Van Halens were at loggerheads throughout the making of the Fair Warning album, and that album is still fucking bombproof to this day.

Perhaps tension is just what this band needs to fire on all cylinders. If this ends with them splitting up again after the album and tour are completed, well, Van Halen breaking up isn't gonna be the end of the world these days; it ain't 1985 and I'm not in my teens.
                                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...