New VH Footage !!!! 2012 tickets on sale Jan 10th!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bluemustard
    Veteran
    • Mar 2006

Comment

• bluemustard
      Veteran
      • Mar 2006

did anybody post this yet?My guess is yes..but had to post it anyway..LOL

Comment

• bluemustard
        Veteran
        • Mar 2006

caus it's so awsome..LOL

Comment

• bluemustard
          Veteran
          • Mar 2006

Sorry fucked up!! saw the whole thread at main..Sorry!!!
          Happy new year.
          Roth on fuckers!!

Comment

• VHscraps
            Veteran
            • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Terry
            Well, according to Roth, Landee and Eddie, when Van Halen were making the 1984 album there were plenty of days where Roth would be recording vocals while the rest of the band wasn't there. The story was that Roth would take the instrumental demos and drive around listening to them, writing his lyrics while cruising around. So it's not as if this group of guys were always all buddy-buddy with each other back in the old days, and any tension that is there now is not some sort of new feature. There were apparently plenty of times when CVH was a band where the members couldn't stand each other. And not just Roth and the Van Halens either. We now have access to 1982 interviews where Eddie is stating that he thinks Mike Anthony brings nothing to the creative process, yet he is still getting 25%.

Far as them wanting to make money, despite what ANY professional musician might say in an interview about artistic integrity, making money is always up there on the priority list. Otherwise, they wouldn't be professional musicians. I mean, Van Halen are rock stars. Big paydays go with the territory. I wouldn't disagree that 2007-2008 smacked of a cash grab, but nobody in the audience ever has a gun to their head forcing them to pay up.

I'm content being happy with the result if the music is good. Personally, I really don't give a shit if Roth and the Van Halens like each other or not as long as the music rocks.

Fuck, Hagar and the Van Halens had a virtual lovefest going when Hagar first joined the band, and the resultant music sucked. Roth and the Van Halens were at loggerheads throughout the making of the Fair Warning album, and that album is still fucking bombproof to this day.

Perhaps tension is just what this band needs to fire on all cylinders. If this ends with them splitting up again after the album and tour are completed, well, Van Halen breaking up isn't gonna be the end of the world these days; it ain't 1985 and I'm not in my teens.
            I think as long as the collaboration, if we want to call it that, extends to Dave having his pick of what music to work with, then it might turn out okay. The way I look at it, DLR - and maybe Templeman and the others - acted as kind of 'editors', taking bits and pieces of Ed's music and suggesting that certain bits were verses, choruses, etc. It's probably one aspect of Dave's involvement in THE MUSIC that is easy to overlook. Ed without an editor / producer = VHIII. A mess.

Whether or not they were in the same studio (or speaking to each other, etc.) probably doesn't matter that much. I'd be more worried if it was the case that Ed was saying, 'hey, these are my best riffs / pieces of music, and that's what you've got to work with.' But I think he's smart enough to know what Dave brings to the table.

I think with the '96 Best Of Vol.1 sessions, Ed actually said that Dave got to pick pieces of music / riffs from some material that the band had been working with, and that DLR he thought he could make into something - well, with Me Wise Magic, anyway. Apparently he wasn't too fond of the other tune they released.
            THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• Grit
              Roadie
              • Oct 2011

I am not thinking about all the crap that VH fans have been through over the last few years (although I agree with most of what's been said). I am simply enjoying the fact that we FINALLY have a new album and tour. I hope its a great album & tour, and have no reason it wont be at this point. They sure fake it well in the video snippets they released as part of the tour announcement, if they are not enjoying time together. NOW . . . I want the new music ASAP! It's been a long time comin!

Comment

• ZahZoo
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Cool news... guess I'll catch up when I get back next week!!
                "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• redblkwht
                  Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Just for kicks im going to throw a wrench in here..all the balloons/confetti in the video, can it be a new years eve video to bring in 2012?

EUAS

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by vh rides again
                    There's just something that really bugs me about these guys that makes me not really excited like I want to be.
                    With all the rumors about how this album came about, like Dave recording somewhere else especially, it takes the fun out of it, I feel like I'm getting duped into something that just ain't so.

It's hard to be happy for 3 guys that can't stand each other enough to hang out and and at least say we are some lucky mother fuckers. How could you not have a bond with someone like that?
                    They must be pretty shallow people.

Back in the day, they were the band that no other band could compare to. today because of ego's and the fact that they don't have any ambition other than money it's hard to brag about them being something special.

This whole thing stinks of desperation and lawyers.
                    Rumors have zero to do with the guys doing the music.
                    Back in the day there wasn't internet where people take a little piece of something they heard and spin and opinionize and take something out of context that people then read and believe.
                    You're judging the band based on somebody elses projections.
                    Just enjoy the music.
                    music's always been more powerful than gossip

Comment

• twonabomber
                      formerly F A T
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

tour dates announced Jan 3?

VHND has crashed, but i see mention of that on their FB comments.
                      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Unchainme
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
                        tour dates announced Jan 3?

VHND crashed, but i see mention of that ion their FB comments.
                        vhlinksdotcom Van Halen Links
                        Info for Van Halen 2012. 1/3 tour dates release, 1/10 tix on sale and single release, 2/7 album release. Discuss here
                        Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

and i wonder if tix on sale on a Tuesday means ILAA or something. typically tix go on sale to the public on Friday or Saturday...at least around here they do.
                          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Info HERE.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• TJMKID
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                              Well, according to Roth, Landee and Eddie, when Van Halen were making the 1984 album there were plenty of days where Roth would be recording vocals while the rest of the band wasn't there. The story was that Roth would take the instrumental demos and drive around listening to them, writing his lyrics while cruising around. So it's not as if this group of guys were always all buddy-buddy with each other back in the old days, and any tension that is there now is not some sort of new feature. There were apparently plenty of times when CVH was a band where the members couldn't stand each other. And not just Roth and the Van Halens either. We now have access to 1982 interviews where Eddie is stating that he thinks Mike Anthony brings nothing to the creative process, yet he is still getting 25%.

Far as them wanting to make money, despite what ANY professional musician might say in an interview about artistic integrity, making money is always up there on the priority list. Otherwise, they wouldn't be professional musicians. I mean, Van Halen are rock stars. Big paydays go with the territory. I wouldn't disagree that 2007-2008 smacked of a cash grab, but nobody in the audience ever has a gun to their head forcing them to pay up.

I'm content being happy with the result if the music is good. Personally, I really don't give a shit if Roth and the Van Halens like each other or not as long as the music rocks.

Fuck, Hagar and the Van Halens had a virtual lovefest going when Hagar first joined the band, and the resultant music sucked. Roth and the Van Halens were at loggerheads throughout the making of the Fair Warning album, and that album is still fucking bombproof to this day.

Perhaps tension is just what this band needs to fire on all cylinders. If this ends with them splitting up again after the album and tour are completed, well, Van Halen breaking up isn't gonna be the end of the world these days; it ain't 1985 and I'm not in my teens.

That's what I never understood about the faggoty Hagarita sheep. They keep bringing up this delusion about "Sammy is such a nice guy" or "Eddie and Sammy got along great in the beginning".

Who gives a flying fuck if Eddie and Sammy got along? The music sucked balls --- more proof that a lovefest in the studio produces shitty music.

The band was almost torn apart during the "Fair Warning" sessions --- but the music was spectacular. I'd rather Edweirdo be fighting with his lead singer and be losing sleep over it. Look at the final results, dammit!

Comment

• Antman
                                Commando
                                • Jan 2004

When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

Working...