X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by sambo

Been waiting my whole "long" life for Dave and VH and now less than 2 days away til the Festival. Fark...

Good for you man!

Mine was 2007 and I am not ashamed to admit I teared up about 4 times. It was a beautiful thing. I chose not to record the show as I wanted to savor every second of it and not worry about a camera.
    “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Dan
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Have A Great Time To My Aussie Friends.
      First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• ThatArtGuy
        Foot Soldier
        • Jan 2004

Holy cow! I know how much more charisma Dave has, but WOW he simply looks so much more damn cool just by the picture alone! I'd love to hear the verbal ownage. ROTFLMFAO
        I brought my pencil!!!

Comment

• big fatty
          Head Fluffer
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by big fatty
          Ha, ha, ha. You said it right there. That picture pretty much speaks for itself. Heh, heh.

Steverino may be the big kahuna amongst the little teenage American Pop Idol contestents. But not when Diamond Dave and Van Halen are in the house. L.O.L.
          Shit. It just occured to me it may not be the best time to talk smack about Aerosmith, since they are from Boston. I didn't think about that at the time of this post.

Comment

• sambo
            Sniper
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
            Good for you man!
            Originally posted by Dan
            Have A Great Time To My Aussie Friends.
            Thanks!!!.. Been a looooooong time. VHII was my birthday present way back when I was 9. I think I've earned this one

Saw Dave on the Skyscraper tour in 88 and VHIII in 98 - but this... this is fckn it!!! Can't wait.
            Go home the Earth is full....

Comment

• sadaist
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by big fatty
              Shit. It just occured to me it may not be the best time to talk smack about Aerosmith, since they are from Boston. I didn't think about that at the time of this post.

1 - it's always a good time to talk smack about Aeroballad.

2 - right now we are ALL Bostonians.
              “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Cato
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

same suit...

Don't notice most of my posts are less than 2 lines...

Fender Custom Shop Owners Club

Gibson Custom Shop Owners Club

Cato's YouTube Channel

Comment

• VAiN
                  Use my hand, I won't look
                  ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Love it... Dave is a cool motherfucker..
                  Originally posted by wiseguy
                  That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• vaijuju
                    Sniper
                    • Jan 2008

Browse Getty Images’ premium collection of high-quality, authentic David Lee Roth stock photos, royalty-free images, and pictures. David Lee Roth stock photos are available in a variety of sizes and formats to fit your needs.
                    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Poison99
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • May 2005

I said near to the start of this thread that I coughed up nearly $900 for two tickets for this festival for standing at the front. Then they gave me a front row seat for each day, then they took it away for the Saturday to accommodate all the people that had tickets to the stand-alone Aerosmith show. Now, I see they're being sold for less than half, which kinda pisses me off. The promoters offered me a free one (kind of stupid given I live 900km from Sydney and couldn't get a friend to pay for airfares and accommodation at 7 days notice).

But, through all that - now that Van Halen are finally freaking here, I can't f**king wait. I was one when DLR toured with the Skyscraper tour, I was 11 when VH toured with Cherone, and I was about 13 when my friend (wise beyond his years) said, "dude, you need to download some classic VH from Napster."

Well, I did. That was 13 years ago. (I've bought all the albums since). Now I'm flying 900km to see them for the first, and probably only, time. I'm seriously excited. I even bought a new camera for the occasion. I'll do my best to read the instructions and for the benefit of everyone here, I'll try to post some pictures.
                      Last edited by Poison99; 04-18-2013, 04:58 AM.

Comment

• Dave's Bitch
                        ROCKSTAR

• Apr 2005

How cool does Dave look here.Great picture
                        I really love you baby, I love what you've got
                        Let's get together we can, Get hot

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Not a flattering shot of Aerosmith. Yeesh.

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                            Not a flattering shot of Aerosmith. Yeesh.
                            Yikes! Joe Perry looks like my disturbing grand mother, Tom Hamilton appears to have been to an L. A. plastic surgeon, Brad Whitford looks like he is moonlighting from his main gig as a roadie for Lynyrd Skynyrd, the drummer looks as if he recently quit his job announcing wrestling matches and Steven Tyler apparently just walked off the set as the star of "Real Housewives of New Jersey." By comparison, how can Dave Roth appear anything more than normal looking?
                            Last edited by chefcraig; 04-18-2013, 05:48 AM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DLR Bridge
                              ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2011

Precisely! Ever since Joe started dying his hair, but leaving silver streaks in the front, I thought he looked rather grandmotherly.
                              Last edited by DLR Bridge; 04-18-2013, 06:00 AM. Reason: Missed a letter.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by DLR Bridge
                                Precisely! Ever since Joe started dying his hair, but leaving silver streaks in the front, I though he looked rather grandmotherly.
                                Frighteningly enough...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...