The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conmee
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

Well, this loss wouldn't feel so bad if I didn't think we WON on that play where the ball was knocked out of Leinart's hand...

So I'm headed to Best Buy to see if shopping for some sort of technology gadget helps me shake off this post-loss funk... and if that doesn't work, I'm going to a strip joint and get drunk.... lmao

GO IRISH!!

Icon.
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

I feel your pain Icon...

From one last-second TD loser fan to another.....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Fairwrning
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

I cannot beleive it....N.D was about to become my 2nd fave team....
        What in the hell does it take to beat USC......even when you got 'em beat...they won't die...
        Alot of broken hearts in Virginia right now....unreal
        I hate Reggie Bush...just wanna make it official...

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Sorry I had to run out, I actually only HEARD the end of the game, I nearly wrecked my car I went through so many emotions.

My hat's off to the Irish and Charlie Weis, who played a great game. Probably the best football game I've ever witnessed. They refused to abandon their game plan and really pounded USC. The defense was dead, they had nothing left.

Total class by Weis to come in to the SC locker room and congtratulate the players and wish them the best. Dude is a great coach, and he has already brought pride back to ND football. At least you can feel good about that Conmee and others. I know it doesn't erase a loss.

You can hate Reggie Bush all you want, but he just won the Heisman Trophy today.

Comment

• Dave's PA Rental
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

I always HATED Notre Dame...until Uncle Charlie got the coaching gig...did you guys have notions of 'THE BAND IS ON THE FIELD...!!!' before that last kickoff? What a game! And I hate college football.

I might get a ND t-shirt now or something...

ps, someone should have told Charlie Weis to wipe his nose today...
            Maybe this is what a heroine addict feels like after getting a long awaited fix, shooting up in the corner of some abandoned building and just not giving a fuck about what the rest of the world thinks...TATTOO"

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Funny you should say that, before the kick off Carroll reminded the players of that play, and he even put Reggie Bush back there so he could outrun anyone that broke free.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                Roth Army Caesar
                • Mar 2003

I agree that this puts Bush into the running Brett...

but I gotta disagree...Matt Leinart may have won it today.

What he did is exactly what this award is for. It was amazing watching him down the stretch. Never one emotion on his face. They kept saying something was wrong with him...and I kept thinking...damn does that dude look stoic...does he want on the field...

he wasn't his best today...not even close. the Notre Dame D pressured him enough to knock him off his game...but he still found a way to win. That last drive was incredible...and when he scored...he shouldn't have...most QB's fall backwards after that first hit...he moved like a fucking fullback.

If Leinart doesn't win back to back...than college football needs to banish the award...

and I'm an OSU fan...and DON'T WANT HIM to match Archie Griffin...

but damn if he didn't prove a boatload today.

I'm toasting right now to USC...for winning a game they really shouldn't have. It's what national titles are made of.
                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

And here's to fucking Charlie Weis...I mean...

what he's done is nothing short of incredible at Notre Dame.

You have to start to wonder something. Here's a guy that is coaching the job that he's wanted for a good bit of time. But here's the thing. If he does big things the next year or 2...how long before he starts getting the itch to join the pro ranks.

You know they are going to try and pound his door down...starting next year...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

Notre Dame better pull out the check book...cuz this guy just got damn expensive...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin

he wasn't his best today...not even close. the Notre Dame D pressured him enough to knock him off his game...but he still found a way to win. That last drive was incredible...and when he scored...he shouldn't have...most QB's fall backwards after that first hit...he moved like a fucking fullback.

If Leinart doesn't win back to back...than college football needs to banish the award...

]

Bush should win the Heisman..not just for the obvious reasons..but the little things..like pushing Linehart into the endzone..he was stuffed..game over..Bush saved the day with a smart play..

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

You all are kidding yourself if you think Bush is going to win the Heisman...

Comment

• Fairwrning
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

probably not...but if he goes out with Leinhart..who will be first draft pick?
                          Houston looks like the first pick....

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                            You all are kidding yourself if you think Bush is going to win the Heisman...
                            Why you say that? Matt Leinart has looked mortal the last few weeks, althohgh he made some pressure, pressure plays today.

It's Leinart not Leinhart FW.
                            Last edited by Brett; 10-16-2005, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

I said "Leinart," not Leinhart...

and if you'd have read all the posts...you'd see I said Leinart would win the Heisman...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

lmfao...good change...

Comment

Working...