The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

Defensive adjustments...

Consider that GT was throwing on that secondary at will in the first half..

They could have easily lost that game....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• conmee
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

Gentlemen,

I'm not making any excuses for the team. The offense certainly didn't live up to the hype, no doubt about it. And if they play like that next week against PSU, it won't just be a long game, it'll be along season.

As for the adjustments, I was talking on the defensive end. It's not all about the offense you Pac-10 slappy! (Brett, let me pull out the ol' SEC criticism on you that the Pac-10 doesn't play defense... reference Oregon v. Stanford... lol). Seriously, Texas with a freshman QB looked way WAY better than the ND offense... but against the Northern Texas Institute For Ranch Management or some such college... lol

Bottom line is that ND did not play like a #2 team. In fact, I've been on record as saying they are WAY over-rated in the polls. Somewhere between #7-#12 is where I'd put them, and after yesterday, closer to #12. But they won a close game on the road and I can only hope that it gave them a wakeup call and not to beleive their own hype. It's a long season, and with PSU, Michigan, Michigan State, and USC on the schedule, the season could just as easily end up 7-5 as 12-0/11-1. And if they win every game by 1 point in the last minute from here on out, I'll still be pretty damn happy.

Icon.

GO IRISH!!!
      GO CHARGERS!!!
      GO PADRES!!!!
      GO UNLV!!!!
      An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

again...

they made the adjustment to blitz more...to rush Ball...and keep him from planting to make passes.

it worked very well.

Their offense blew ass...but will get better.
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
          Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

ND's run defense off to another horrid start today. Gotta tighten it up boys! They manage to get out of it when PSU fucks up the FG!
          Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• Mr. Vengeance
            Full Member Status

• Nov 2004

20-0 Irish at the half...JoePa can bite me.

Not that it's over.....
            Stay Frosty, muthas!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
              Roth Army Caesar
              • Mar 2003

Well, they looked damn good yesterday...that is for sure...nice win for the Irish...

gotta have a look at them at #2 now with USC on a bye...
              "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

Yeah definitely, ND looked outstanding after a rusty start....

Great gameplan by the Irish...

Unfortunately, everything that could go wrong for PSU, did exactly that...

Bad snap on the FG attempt, a phantom clipping call on a big yardage play, fortunate bounce a fumble to ND, you name it...

But PSU didn't deserve to come even close to winning this one, great game for ND...

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

lmfao Va...I wonder when I'm going to restart the Fire JoePa comments?

or did I just start...

Comment

• conmee
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

This wasn't JoePa's fault, unless you blame the coach for sloppy play and lack of execution. lmao

The clipping call was bogus for sure, but there were a couple of limp offensive series by the Irish and they had more penalties against them, that PSU could have played this alot closer if they wouldn't have made so many mistakes.

I was very surprised by Texas... guess I shouldn't have been, but I expected them to put up more of a fight...

Icon.

GO IRISH!!!
                    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
                    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                      lmfao Va...I wonder when I'm going to restart the Fire JoePa comments?

or did I just start...
                      Nah, I know you, I know you realize PSU is a decent team....

Not BCS good, but good nonetheless...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                        Roth Army Caesar
                        • Mar 2003

I did expect more of a fight as well...but glad there wasn't...

as for PSU?

Well...we'll see...

a better guage IMO will be the OSU game..now that they've played a team of that calibre...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

Yeah, but that's in Columbus....

OSU will roll....

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                            Roth Army Caesar
                            • Mar 2003

OSU...this year...would roll if they were playing IN JOEPA's backyard...

this year...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

True, true....

They look very strong....

Don't really know who's gonna give them a game until the bowls...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Their D can be had...but it has to be a team that commits to running...

Comment

Working...