The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

The Fiesta Bowl is considered a lock to exercise its option on revived Notre Dame, which would play in a BCS game for the first time since the 2000 season, when it got clobbered by Oregon State 41-9. This time, the Irish figure to be more competitive. Their likely opponent is Ohio State. Virginia Tech and Oregon also are candidates, but the muscular wallets of traveling Buckeyes fans should be the trump card.
    -- Chicago Sun-Times
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• conmee
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Mar 2003

Well, unless something terrible happens to USC or UT, it looks like ND is going to the Fiesta Bowl... now if Weis can get ND a bowl win for the first time since I turned 23 or so, that would be a fitting ending to a first year.... and it's safe to say that no one is too upset about the Urban Meyer debacle from last winter.

Major bowl wins and vying for national championships every year helps anyone's recruiting and I expect Weis to do a stellar job getting the top players to reconsider ND. I heard on the radio that they're already having to turn some recruits away because the response has been overwhelming... we'll see....

But first things first... win the Fiesta Bowl and get a pre-season Top 10 ranking for next year, and a Top 10 recruiting class, and things are looking much better...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.
      An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
      hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

dude...focus on THIS year...lmfao...

and it's funny how recruiting doesn't have issues (academics) when they are winning...lmfao...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• conmee
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Mar 2003

I am focused on this year... I said, "First things first.." gotta win the Fiesta, get a pre-season top ranking, and get a recruiting class." Didn't say anything about ND being back in the driver's seat. And they still have recruiting issues wiht academics, it's just that more of the smart athletes are considering ND again. Still won't get any of the players that usually barely qualify for most SEC or Big 12 programs. That's the biggest challenge in getting a so-called Top 10 recruiting class... can we get good students and great athletes... remains to be seen.

Hell, we were supposed to be back in 2000 with the Fiesta, only for Oregon State to put the program back 5 years.

Stop being such a goddam uppity OSU fan, my nigga.... lmao

That is all.

GO IRISH!!

Icon.
          hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• POJO_Risin
            Roth Army Caesar
            • Mar 2003

If UCLA beat USC...

what a wrench that would be...UCLA would win the Pac 10 guaranteeing a bcs bowl berth...

Now that would be interesting...

an "uppity Ohio State fan?" yeah...right...lmfao...I don't think I've ever had a Notre Dame fan call me "uppity" before...

Comment

• conmee
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

We're family, so I can use a term like that with you... lmao

That is all.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Comment

• 4moreyears
                Commando
                • Oct 2004

Go Irish. I hope we kick Ohio States ass. I hate the fuckeyes.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

and fuck you...

Comment

• conmee
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Mar 2003

Let's please refrain from using profanity in the ND thread... that kind of language is better suited for the OSU thread... lmao

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

And that bitch Brady Quinn...shipping his whore sister over to AJ Hawk's house...

and they're dating...

That's it...Pork the oppositions best player right out of a good game...

Comment

• conmee
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Mar 2003

Whatever it takes, even though I'm fundamentally opposed to inter-racial relationships... er, uh, I think he's one of the white dudes on the team? lmao uh huh uh uhu huh hu uh huh...

That is all!

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Frankenstein was Green...

Comment

• conmee
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Mar 2003

I've been traveling for work and haven't had much time to sit around in my underwear posting about sports the past month, but I did want to assure everyone that despite the Irish performance the other night, I haven't gone into seclusion and I haven't killed myself over the loss.

Two observations: After the first two series, I thought the game would be an entertaining offensive display. But OSU's defense clamped down (and the Irish offense for some reason once again didn't quite show up after), and the OSU offense exposed what we have already talked about.... a suspect, and now, legitimately mediocre defense. The corners just aren't good enough and half the defense still needs to do a better job tackling.

Props to OSU's QB... he looked damn good... and as the announcers mentioned, if he was in this form back when they played Texas, OSU could very well have been the #2 team in the country.

Anyhow, I'm not going to waste my time on second-guessing, although going for a touchdown on that second possession instead of just kicking a field goal might have been a little over-confidence on Weis' part... true, if they score a TD, they are in fine shape, but to come away with no points, and then to have OSU run through the defense... ah, hell... like I said... Irish could still have lost that game, but points is points, and in a big bowl game, I think playing it just a little conservatively may have been prudent.

So here's to next year... I'm not even going to entertain ideas of Heismans and National Championships... if Brady Quinn gets better, and the defense improves, I'll be happy with a Top 10 finish and a bowl win... even the Insight or Gator bowl... lol... this drought in the Bowl Games sucks... please, Lord, just give us ONE bowl win sometime before I turn 40 (that gives the Lord 4 years... lol).

Props, OSU. Happy for you Pojo and your team... and same for that old man VA... took PSU 6 hours, but like Metamucil, JoePa finally worked out a win...

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                              Roth Army Caesar
                              • Mar 2003

lmfao...right back at you ICon...

you get closer every year...

sort of...

but damn if this doesn't feel like a familiar place...

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Here ya go, I dug up this piece of dung thread....
                                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

Working...