X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by CROWBAR
    Yeah, totally agree. The Senior vs. Junior show is so contrived. I can't get into it at all. I find it hard to believe that they both agreed to do it, but maybe they have their reasons. Namely, they had just built a huge new bike shop and probably had to keep those big bucks rolling in, so it was either keep doing it to survive or go bankrupt. I think Discovery pretty much has the Tuttel's by the balls as contract players now.

I somehow see something similar happening to the Harris brothers on Deadliest Catch. You know they're gonna have some unexpected strains in the next few years. Stuff they weren't even expecting.
    The Harris bros don't have a lot to gain other than what Discovery pays them and some Jerry Springer side-show celebrity that will eventually land them doing commentary on TruTV Dumbest Criminals along side Danny Bonaduchey...

The Tuttles on the other hand is a pretty simple business logic... they get paid by Discovery to play up their family circus while both companies capitalize on some of the most lucrative national/international advertising without paying a dime for it. It would cost Billions to buy that much air time weekly... Neither company would even be in business if it weren't for the show...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

Working...