X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PETE'S BROTHER
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2007

guess they are back
    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• ZahZoo
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I guess that's good... would seem Discovery had to make a 180 to save face and the show. Glad they came to their senses...
      "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – A member of the hit cable TV show "Deadliest Catch" fishing crew has been found dead in an Alaska motel room, police said Wednesday.
        Justin Tennison, who worked on the Time Bandit, one of the vessels on the popular Discovery Channel reality series that depicts the crab fishing industry in the dangerous waters off Alaska, was found dead Tuesday afternoon in Homer, authorities said.
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• BITEYOASS
          ROTH ARMY ELITE
          • Jan 2004

All of these education channels (i.e. History, Discovery, Nat. Geographic) turned to shit when they decided to go flashy and air reality tv 24/7.

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Actually they turned to shit when they got bought up by the likes of Hearst Publishing and Rupert Murdoch Inc, two organizations which have always been dedicated to the polar opposite of anything involving education or an accurate historical record.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BITEYOASS
              All of these education channels (i.e. History, Discovery, Nat. Geographic) turned to shit when they decided to go flashy and air reality tv 24/7.
              What's worse, when some piece of crap bubbles to the surface and becomes a hit, they all have to create a show just like it to duplicate the success. So you have about a half dozen of these cold weather fishing shows, all Alaska Fridays, Ice Road truckers in Central America, gun/shooting shows, a bunch of ghost chasing shows, American Pickers/Treasures, man vs just about anything, build it in a hurry shows based upon Monster Garage, food challenges, and the latest, a movie make-up/elimination show that has all the drama of watching paint dry. Enough already!
              Last edited by chefcraig; 02-24-2011, 05:54 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

The show returns this evening with a two hour episode. From what I've read, the episode begins with yet another tribute to Phil Harris, who by all reports remains dead. In addition, the promos for the season are spectacularly morbid, shot in black and white and featuring Johnny Cash's "Ain't No Grave Can Hold My Body Down". Something tells me this show should have ended last season.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jul 2004

Thanks for the heads up. I went to the DVR and set it to record so I don't miss it now. But as I was scrolling it was an entire afternoon & evening of last season, then a couple of best of season 6 episodes. I am a little curious to see what the story was with the one kid who just had the boat raided by police looking for drugs...back in January I think. But yeah, the series should have ended. The best character is gone now and I'm afraid they are gonna milk the hell of of him still.
                  “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Believe me, Discovery has been milking the situation for the past two weeks. That's when the promos began, as well as several mini-marathons, mostly focusing on last season. The "best-of" episodes actually ran last week, and have been repeated at least three times in the span of one week. The effect has been numbing enough that I refused to watch any of it in that time span, and if the season premier is little more than a rehash of what took place last season with new footage, I don't see myself staying tuned in after finding out how Phil's sons are doing and what is going on with Jake Anderson. From what I've read, there has been no progress in the investigation regarding his father's disappearance. The thing is, Discovery will no doubt string this information out over several episodes.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Guitar Shark
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

I agree that they're milking it, Craig, but I have to admit that it's ok with me. Phil was always a favorite, but as long as the Hilstrand brothers and the Time Bandit crew are still involved, I will most likely check it out. Those guys are hilarious.
                      ROTH ARMY MILITIA

Originally posted by EAT MY ASSHOLE
                      Sharky sometimes needs things spelled out for him in explicit, specific detail. I used to think it was a lawyer thing, but over time it became more and more evident that he's merely someone's idiot twin.

Comment

• CROWBAR
                        Commando
                        • Sep 2004

Well, I dunno, I watched it and wasn't that impressed. One flare up between the new Captain of the Cornelia Marie and Phil's youngest son and the mechanic. Bout the only real spark last night. It's ran it's course I'd say. They added one new boat, but their biggest dilemma turned out to be who forgot to clean up the galley. Whoo hoo!

and what the fuck was the deal at the end where they sent out the Coast Guard to rescue some Japanese freighter ship?

Comment

• ZahZoo
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

The tribute to Capt Phil in the opening was nice. I guess they're milking it... but also showed what he meant to those guys.

The Hilstrand's remain my favorites... Jonathan emptying out a 9mm and his brother blasting off some sort of assault rifle at the memorial. They earned their skull and cross-bones.

It wouldn't be a good season without a great display of Edgar Hansen's gift with playing with fire...
                          "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• CROWBAR
                            Commando
                            • Sep 2004

Last season, the Hilstrands were gonna fire long time crew member Mike Fortner. Now they're all lovey dovey with him. Then the ongoing Edgar Hansen situation...will he stay on or will he finally go? Guy has been keeping his older brother Sig hanging for about three yrs. now with this decision. Where was Captain Bill last night? Didn't see him. He's the only Captain salty enough to take over Phil's place on the show.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by CROWBAR
                              Well, I dunno, I watched it and wasn't that impressed. One flare up between the new Captain of the Cornelia Marie and Phil's youngest son and the mechanic. Bout the only real spark last night. It's ran it's course I'd say. They added one new boat, but their biggest dilemma turned out to be who forgot to clean up the galley. Whoo hoo!

and what the fuck was the deal at the end where they sent out the Coast Guard to rescue some Japanese freighter ship?
                              My sentiments exactly. Whenever somebody on tv claims they are not doing something for the cameras (thus breaking the so-called "4th wall") then you know they are doing that something specifically for the cameras.

I'm beginning to wonder if Discovery is thinking of spinning off a helicopter rescue show from Deadliest Catch. As you'll recall from last season, the channel pulled the same stunt by including footage from a rescue of some anonymous guy who'd suffered a heart attack aboard a ship that had nothing to do with the fleet. Yes, the footage was enthralling, but what did it have to do with crab fishing?

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• CROWBAR
                                Commando
                                • Sep 2004

I know, it gave me the impression that they didn't have enough footage of the fleet so they had to add anything else they could scrounge up. Some of the stuff taking place the last season or two appears scripted for the cameras. I dunno. I've been watching this since the beginning and you can definitely see a transition of sorts once the show gained popularity.

Comment

Working...