Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

The food in Mexico really differs depending on what part of Mexico you are in. It also differs according to what family makes it. A heuvos rancheros might be a almost a soup or it may be like a burrito. The closer you get to Mexico City the more European the food gets. I've had some wonderful pasta dishes and even French styled food in Mexico. The funnest meal I had was spear fishing off of Cozemel and then they cook your fish for you over a grill and season it with lime juice and a few other things. It was good.
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• envy_me
      Swedish Love Pump
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Nitro Express
      The food in Mexico really differs depending on what part of Mexico you are in. It also differs according to what family makes it. A heuvos rancheros might be a almost a soup or it may be like a burrito. The closer you get to Mexico City the more European the food gets. I've had some wonderful pasta dishes and even French styled food in Mexico. The funnest meal I had was spear fishing off of Cozemel and then they cook your fish for you over a grill and season it with lime juice and a few other things. It was good.
      I ate Quesadillas with feta cheese and spinach. Sounds great right, but it wasn't. The dough to the Quesadillas was the same as for the nachos but soft. I HATE that. The rest of it didn't taste much at all.
      I have friends who have been to Mexico, and all say that authentic Maxican food is tasteless compared to our mexican.
      The heart is on the left. The blood is red.

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

olives. pitted, in their natural juice.

Comment

• Nitro Express
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
          I ate Quesadillas with feta cheese and spinach. Sounds great right, but it wasn't. The dough to the Quesadillas was the same as for the nachos but soft. I HATE that. The rest of it didn't taste much at all.
          I have friends who have been to Mexico, and all say that authentic Maxican food is tasteless compared to our mexican.
          Those are tortillas. I've never had feta cheese in anything Mexican nor spinach either. Mexicans tend to use cilantro. The Mexican food farther down south is not as spicy as the food up north. What most people think as Mexican food is Tex-Mex. It's an Americanized version of Mexican food out of Texas. If it's got cheddar or monterey jack cheese in it, it's Tex-Mex. It also can be blazing hot.
          Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-13-2013, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Does your Mexican restaurant serve cactus salad?

Comment

• envy_me
              Swedish Love Pump
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Dec 2010

Those are tortillas. I've never had feta cheese in anything Mexican not spinach either. Mexicans tend to use cilantro. The Mexican food farther down south is not as spicy as the food up north. What most people think as Mexican food is Tex-Mex. It's an Americanized version of Mexican food out of Texas. If it's got cheddar or monterey jack cheese in it, it's Tex-Mex. It also can be blazing hot.
              Tortillas here are like pita bread. Not at all the corn dough stuff that I ate in this restaurant.

I have no idea if it's tex-mex or mexican we are eating here. It might be something totally different entirely, lol.

Here is what the spice mix contains, that EVERYBODY uses for their mexican. It's google translated, so I hope you get it:
              Glucose, salt (17.5%), onions, modified starch (potatoes), chili pepper, cumin, garlic, potato fiber, oregano, paprika extract, flavoring, anti-caking agent (E551), acid (citric acid), maltodextrin, yeast extract.

You can REALLY feel the cumin.

Comment

• envy_me
                Swedish Love Pump
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Dec 2010

Does your Mexican restaurant serve cactus salad?
                Uuum, what?? Lol

Comment

• Nitro Express
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Aug 2004

I'm not joking. If you want an authentic Mexican salad chances are it's going to be cactus salad.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by envy_me
                    Tortillas here are like pita bread. Not at all the corn dough stuff that I ate in this restaurant.

I have no idea if it's tex-mex or mexican we are eating here. It might be something totally different entirely, lol.

Here is what the spice mix contains, that EVERYBODY uses for their mexican. It's google translated, so I hope you get it:
                    Glucose, salt (17.5%), onions, modified starch (potatoes), chili pepper, cumin, garlic, potato fiber, oregano, paprika extract, flavoring, anti-caking agent (E551), acid (citric acid), maltodextrin, yeast extract.

You can REALLY feel the cumin.
                    That's your basic taco mix. There are two different types of tortillas. Corn and white flour. The white flour would be closer to pita bread. Here they steam them and serve them at your table hot in a special tortilla container.

I can see why you chucked it. I know lots of Mexicans. If I told them I wanted to roll up some feta cheese and spinach in a corn tortilla they would laugh their asses off. LOL! Usually the corn tortillas are used for taquitos and things like that. Man. That combination sounds nasty. No Mexican would eat anything like that.
                    Last edited by Nitro Express; 02-13-2013, 07:15 AM.

Comment

• envy_me
                      Swedish Love Pump
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Dec 2010

I'm not joking. If you want an authentic Mexican salad chances are it's going to be cactus salad.

Lol, you just made me realize I don't want authentic Mexican anything. Cactus??? Even avocado is waaay too exotic for me.

Plus I HATE cilantro.

My friend is going to Mexico in a few weeks, she wanted me to go with her. But I didn't feel like it. It just doesn't feel safe.

Comment

• envy_me
                        Swedish Love Pump
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Dec 2010

That's your basic taco mix. There are two different types of tortillas. Corn and white flour. The white flour would be closer to pita bread. Here they steam them and serve them at your table hot in a special tortilla container.
                        I like white flour. I really don't like corn.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

You never use corn tortillas with just vegetables. The corn ones are for meats. Just ask for flour tortillas next time and it will be more like a peta bread sandwich. You just roll your food up like it's a big joint and eat it. LOL! Don't light it on fire. It probably won't smoke too good.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Aug 2004

Next time tell them to get that corn out of your face!

Comment

• ashstralia
                              ROTH ARMY ELITE
                              • Feb 2004

professor nitro in da house... don't try lightin' dem burritos!

Comment

• envy_me
                                Swedish Love Pump
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Dec 2010

You never use corn tortillas with just vegetables. The corn ones are for meats. Just ask for flour tortillas next time and it will be more like a peta bread sandwich. You just roll your food up like it's a big joint and eat it. LOL! Don't light it on fire. It probably won't smoke too good.
                                There is vegetarian type of meat that many places use. I can eat nachos, but I rather have some with a flavor like chili or cheddar, just to mask the corn taste.

I am really conservative when it comes to food, that's why I'm careful with the mexican stuff... And avocado. But my dad is FAR worse, he can't even eat lasagne or anything else that is creamy and gooey. He hates all sorts of sauces and dressings, doesn't eat any stews or anything...

Comment

Working...