X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
    This is silly and not the model anywhere else(apart from maybe Cuba). The point is that if you have a decent universal healthcare system most people don't pay someone else for insurance(why bother?) but if they want to you have to let them since that's their right. You may end up with 5% with private health insurance because they have plenty of cash and if they want to do that for better 'hotel services' in private hospitals there isn't a problem with that.
    Sounds like you read Howard Dean's book.....

Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      to red anti-union states
      You mean "right-to-work" states. You know, the ones that won't require you to give money to union fat cats.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
        decent universal healthcare system
        that's certainly not Britain's NHS.

Google anything along the lines of "UK NHS horror stories" or something similar.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Blaze
          Also, for those that knew, I might as well announce here.
          I put off the MRI. Until a later date, I feel healthy enough. I will try to reschedule as soon as possible. My doctor's office was very understanding and supportive. A new nick name for me, lumpy. hahaha. God willing, it was only an echo.
          The very best of luck to you, Blaze, I sincerely hope everything turns out extremely well. Don't wait too long for your MRI.

Comment

• fifth element
            Commando
            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
            You mean "right-to-work" states. You know, the ones that won't require you to give money to union fat cats.
            for those who DON'T know, "right to work" is code for "right to fire"....as employers can get rid of you for ANY reason, real or imagined.

Don't believe it? You should, as that is exactly what my lawyer informed me after i was fired on a totally trumped up charge.
            Yes, i live in a "right to work" state.

Companies in "right to work" states...(a name chosen for the sole purpose of getting the uninformed to back it because it SOUNDS good)
            can fire you because they don't like the way you look....(generally citing garbage about the company image, etc, etc, etc.)
            “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~~Maria Robinson

Comment

• ashstralia
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
              we've had a situation here recently where public servants (including emergency services) have protested the new state govt's changes to industrial relations laws...
              hey fifth element... check out this from post#37; we've had governments rise and fall on this in my lifetime!

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by fifth element
                for those who DON'T know, "right to work" is code for "right to fire"....as employers can get rid of you for ANY reason, real or imagined.
                True enough, but you also don't have to worry about a union pulling you onto a picket line if you don't agree with them. Besides, unions don't offer the employment protection they once did. If an employer doesn't like you, you're pretty much gone whether you like it or not. All they need do is document your shortcomings (real or imagined) over time and that is pretty much it. Your union has little recourse.

Hope you've found another job or will find another one soon.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

i'd say that these guys are definitely on the pissed side, Nitro....
                  I'd say these are the "great unwashed masses" Katie Couric was referring to.

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Their website seems to be as of the time I'm typing this. Hmmm...wonder why?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                      Sounds like an extension of the founding father's vision. Sorry BBB....it is..... look up the first 3 freedoms...
                      How so?

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jan 2004

Keith "The Marxist" Olbermann =

Comment

• BigBadBrian
                          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                          • Jan 2004

i'd say that these guys are definitely on the pissed side, Nitro....
                          Also, I see very few black people in these protests. These people must be racists.

Comment

• Matt White
                            • Jun 2004

Typical...must be the same "shipped in Union Thugs" from Madison WI earlier this year................

same old Neo-fascist defense...............

funny how this movement is spreading...not disappearing...as Faux News & the Ailes Puppets would have had you believe...........

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
                              Typical...must be the same "shipped in Union Thugs" from Madison WI earlier this year................

same old Neo-fascist defense...............

funny how this movement is spreading...not disappearing...as Faux News & the Ailes Puppets would have had you believe...........

Exactly, exactly.

Notice Brie threw out the usual lame knee-jerk "Marxist" crap about the Olbermann video...pathetic neocon troll.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• WACF
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                                I heard a blurb on the ABC News tonight about 20,000 or so manufacturing jobs supposedly about to return to the US. Why is this the case? Because the Chinese want higher wages. So they no longer have slave labor to offset the higher shipping costs.

That's the good news. Bad news is, these alleged jobs seem to be returning only to red anti-union states with Koch whore governors, so they STILL won't be living wage jobs.
                                It is a start though.

In your anti-union states...what have they done to make it hard to orginize?

Comment

Working...