Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • standin
    Veteran
    • Apr 2009

Nice! I likes the cueing, the accents, seufzen, stürmisch. I like how it decreases and the mit Feuer in the middle the breaks it. I am not so fond of the estinto layer at the end. It should be crescendo or rinforzando.
    To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
    MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• standin
      Veteran
      • Apr 2009

Gar!

To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
      MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• jhale667
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Aug 2004

Thanks?

Originally posted by standin
        Nice! I likes the cueing, the accents, seufzen, stürmisch. I like how it decreases and the mit Feuer in the middle the breaks it.
        So...it sounds cool in Italian and German as well as English? Cool! :tongue0011:

I am not so fond of the estinto layer at the end. It should be crescendo or rinforzando.
        Wait for it...wait for it...actually now I wanna go back and re-do the bassline, a completely different idea popped into my head in listening to the "improved" version...gotta love when a better sound further sparks one's creativity.

That and though unrelated, perhaps subliminal -my niece sent me a bunch of Paul McCartney songs and I was listening to some STP (Robert Deleo), which probably got me thinking of bass counter-melodies.....both of those dudes haul ass on bass...(unlike guitar tracks) I unfortunately do not, but once I work it up, I can put the idea down so some else can come in and do it better!

Originally posted by conmee
        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
        Originally posted by eddie78
        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
          ....once I work it up, I can put the idea down so some else can come in and do it better!
          And that's when it goes something like "Hi. So can you do this, only not sound like a guitar player playing bass? Awesome!"

PS: Today's clips were done post-Recabinet Complete 2.02 update...
          Last edited by jhale667; 11-14-2009, 04:33 AM. Reason: To clairfy...
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• standin
            Veteran
            • Apr 2009

I am outta thanks...

It's tough not to tweak.

Hell, I have a tough time committing to a name, much less a final no touch no more release... ~Joke~
            That was a topic of conversation recently, that and how you cannot just turn on, off, replace and remove at will on amazon and itunes. ....
            MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Still considering it "Pre-production" work...

Originally posted by standin

I am outta thanks...
              It's the thought that counts.

It's tough not to tweak.
              I hear ya, and so far that's only the 2nd time that's happened with the scratch bass parts, I usually know the skeleton of what I want, but that improvement, reinterpretation, whatever will no doubt eventually inform what the drummer plays once he puts his (approved, of course, but trust me ain't gonna be a problem ) spin on it...

While PODfarm alone is good enough for getting ideas down, between the ability to use the Boogie and the huge difference Recabinet makes in the PODfarm tones, I can actually put down some keeper rhythm tracks here...
              Last edited by jhale667; 11-14-2009, 04:51 AM.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                Banned
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                ...that's happened with the scratch bass parts, I usually know the skeleton of what I want, but that improvement, reinterpretation, whatever will no doubt eventually inform what the drummer plays once he puts his spin on it...
                I Wanna Hold Your Hand was in metal master form printing out 45's by the thousands three weeks after it was written.. recorded in two hours.. in mono.

What's with all the particle-physics analysis behind finishing one tune?

Comment

• jackassrock
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Sep 2004

Back then, they had no choice but to do it fast and get it printed. They had to buy studio time, hire an engineer, hire a producer, and get 'er done before the money ran out.

Nowadays, anybody can spend years recording a tune in their spare time, by themselves, for free, for no reason other than to do it. Masterpieces, every one. Unique flowers.

I've always been a fan of just getting it done while the song is still somewhat fresh. Some of the greatest rock and roll songs of all time were done with less than stellar tones, and have mistakes in them. Fuck, The Jean Jeannie (Bowie) is a perfect example, great song, but somebody fucked up the turn around into the first chorus. You can hear David saying something like "Get back on it" and the song comes right back together and kicks ass. It's one of my all time faves. Let's not even get started listing great songs where the singer hits a flat note with feeling and it gets left for the sake of the performance.

Led Zeppelin anyone ?
                  It's a shame that families should be torn apart by something as simple as....wild dogs

Comment

• Igosplut
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                    I Wanna Hold Your Hand was in metal master form printing out 45's by the thousands three weeks after it was written.. recorded in two hours.. in mono.

Wrong again coward, do you ever check more than wiki? Or (most likely) you just make this shit up.

Written by: Lennon-McCartney Recorded: 17 October 1963 Producer: George Martin Engineer: Norman Smith Released: 29 November 1963 (UK), 26 December 1963 (US) Available on: Past Masters 1 Anthology 1 Love On Air – Live At The BBC Volume 2 Live At The Hollywood Bowl Personnel John Lennon: vocals, rhythm guitar, handclaps Paul McCartney: vocals, bass...

Recorded: 17 October 1963

Released: 29 November 1963 (UK), 26 December 1963 (US)

Generally there is no record of when they wrote the song. But the song was written by Lennon and McCartney in the basement of Jane Asher's parents' house in Wimpole Street, London.

We wrote a lot if stuff together, one-on-one, eyeball to eyeball. Like in I Want To Hold Your Hand, I remember when we got the chord that made the song. We were in Jane Asher's house, downstairs in the cellar playing on the piano at the same time. And we had, 'Oh you-u-u... got that something...' And Paul hits this chord and I turn to him and say, 'That's it!' I said, 'Do that again!' In those days, we really used to absolutely write like that - both playing into each other's nose.

John Lennon, 1980
                    All We Are Saying, David Shef

The recording was completed in 17 takes. The Beatles spent some time rehearsing the song before the tapes began rolling, and according to Beatles historian Mark Lewisohn, take one was largely the same as the final version. It was the first song The Beatles recorded using four-track technology; their previous releases had been completed using just two tracks.

The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions
                    Mark Lewisohn

Give it up asshole.
                    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by GAR

Last edited by Hardrock69; 11-21-2009, 04:15 PM.

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Wasn't aware I was suddenly working on GARfail's timetable.... Oh wait, I'm NOT...

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR

Who the fuck are you to criticize?
                          Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Did I say three weeks released after recorded?

Yeah, I meant to say six weeks.. hoo bouy.

And four-track, shmoortrack: mono release means it was mixed to ONE fucking track.

This thread has been running several months and not one of Jay's tracks have seen A Hard Day's Completion.

Comment

• GAR
                              Banned
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                              Who the fuck are you to criticize?
                              Who the fuck are you to criticize my criticisms, when I have you on Ignore User~!?!?

Comment

• jhale667
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Aug 2004

Who the fuck are you to answer posts of people you supposedly have on ignore, shitstain?

STFU.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

Working...