X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Igosplut
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
    Did I say three weeks released after recorded?

Yeah, I meant to say six weeks.. hoo bouy.

And four-track, shmoortrack: mono release means it was mixed to ONE fucking track.
    Yea, I meant to say you just lie...Instead of bullshitting....Boo Hoo..
    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• GAR
      Banned
      • Jan 2004

You, of such dissipated intellect, miss the point.

Jay's got all day and nite to finish one song and can't do it even though he's got way more tools at hand than the Beatles did back in the stone age.

Do not reply if you cannot find a brain cell to process this fact with.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • May 2004

Originally posted by GAR
        Who the fuck are you to criticize my criticisms, when I have you on Ignore User~!?!?
        Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• jhale667
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Aug 2004

I'm in no rush, FAILboat...and get over yourself.

Originally posted by GAR
          You, of such dissipated intellect, miss the point.

Jay's got all day and nite to finish one song and can't do it even though he's got way more tools at hand than the Beatles did back in the stone age.

Do not reply if you cannot find a brain cell to process this fact with.

You'd have to first find a brain cell to process anything with, asshat. Hey, at least we have enough intellect to dissipate, o myopic one.

For the record, I don't have all day and night, because I have a full-time job, something you by your own admission don't have enough "processing power" to obtain and hold, at least not one that an immigrant wouldn't be more suitable for...

Again, am I on your timetable, asshole? Or anyone's besides my own for that matter? NO. So STFU. The only person who gets to "crack the whip" as it were besides me? The dude assisting with the production duties, and he likes the improvements I've made to the point where he's encouraged me to run with them. The musicians I've approached to play on it thus far have been beyond receptive - so what the fuck is your opinion worth again?

The majority of the tunes I'm working on are fully written and the basic arrangements are done w/o cutting and pasting; but I see no reason to settle for a current version when I'm still getting better sounds out of everything w/Recabinet, and I have the ability to go back and (not only re-track it exactly, which must annoy a hack like you) make it sound better. Which is what it's all about anyway, taking as much time on pre-production as I want, and doing something I'm satisfied with, while simultaneously learning from people who've done it/are doing it and know how - not following the brainless misdirection of the GARfail's of the world.

Going back and re-tracking the guitar parts has been so worth it, because the rhythms (especially) and even the scratch leads sound HUGE now, much better than before. I've written some PODfarm emulations that though it pains me to admit it...lol...actually rival my Boogie direct using Recabinet...this software kick ass...think I wasn't gonna take advantage of that?

When I get versions that I decide are ready for some of my friends to come in and redo my guide bass lines and put real drums on (and a few are getting to that point) I'll let you know. You don't have a fucking say in the matter - got it?

But in closing, since - also by your own admission - we know you've stalked my MySpace pages, you've already heard older finished instrumental demos (with drums, even!) of two of these tunes, so really - besides trolling, what's your point?? :dafinger:

Bottom line, I'm having a blast with this and it's killing you...don't you have some decrepit gear you got out of storage you need to be restoring, anyway...? :tongue0011:

I will promise here that it will not take as long as "Chinese Democracy" - deal?
          Last edited by jhale667; 11-22-2009, 08:02 PM.
          Originally posted by conmee
          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
          Originally posted by eddie78
          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

SHUT UP GARFUCKLE.

Fucking LOSER.

Comment

• jhale667
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Day 1 of 4 off...fun time!

Alrighty then...gave the primary rhythm track for this tune the Recabinet 3-mic treatment...sounding pretty evil....
              Pretty much decided the 121, 57, and D6 mics are the way to go on whatever cabinet emulation you end up using...you get the "classic" tone you're expecting from the 57, something similar but more "Hi-Fi" with the 121, and the total low-end BEEF of the D6. Rulin'.

SoundClick artist: Jay Hale - Guitarist, songwriter, guitar-builder

If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GO-SPURS-GO
                Sniper
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jhale667
                I will promise here that it will not take as long as "Chinese Democracy" - deal?
                Deal!
                https://www.facebook.com/warren.hammonds.58
                http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...bandID=1001063

Comment

• GAR
                  Banned
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                  Alrighty then...gave the primary rhythm track for this tune the Recabinet 3-mic treatment...sounding pretty evil....
                  I dunno what you did Jay, but it sounds much thinner than before.

This is the kinda sound I had when I was 16: compressed treble with nonexistent bass overtones

humbucker tele>DOD250 distortion>Realistic Solid-state Stereo Mixer (older germanium)>Emerson AMFM/Cassette/LP stereo player.

Start over again or check phasing cancellation cuz you lost alot of bass response, and I can barely make out the bass guitar itself anymore.

Comment

• jhale667
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                    Start over again or check phasing cancellation cuz you lost alot of bass response, and I can barely make out the bass guitar itself anymore.

The bass track's intentionally mixed low in that clip.

But thanks and FUCK OFF...
                    Last edited by jhale667; 11-27-2009, 02:57 AM.

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

STFU, TinyTubby.

SoundClick artist: Jay Hale - Guitarist, songwriter, guitar-builder

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

I think I'll use that as a response somewhere.. thanks!

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

STFU, shit-stain. :dafinger:

That is all.

Icon.

Comment

• GAR
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2004

Damn, you can't even take the feigntest of a tease anymore you're so owned!

FUCK.

Why not just finish this or any track, are you ADHD or something> sorry if that's a yes..

Comment

• standin
                              Veteran
                              • Apr 2009

I like that dead pause. I was trying to visualize what what the sound's feel was drawing. And the dead stop completely broke my visual made me glance up. There could be a bit of a bass doorway or antechamber between the melodic guitar and the lead.

STFU, Gar. And please take the time out to kill yourself today. And when you do, today, tomorrow, the day after that or when ever. Nobody wants to go with you. Just do it as a lonely tribute to your lonely life. It would be the best artistic statement you ever make. Have a nice day.
                              To put it simply, we need to worry a lot less about how to communicate our actions and much more about what our actions communicate.
                              MICHAEL G. MULLEN

Comment

• GAR
                                Banned
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by standin
                                There could be a bit of a bass doorway or antechamber between the melodic guitar and the lead.

There could also be a sundeck outside past the grand gallery,

with a table beneath a floral umbrella and somebody eating Cheerios with plump strawberries and milk on it after the lead

but before the Mormon Choir, who will fight over who gets to eat first.

You're battier than Carlsbad Caverns! I have noooo idea where you get such imagery. It sure isn't from Jay's scratch tracks..

Comment

Working...