The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • POJO_Risin
    Roth Army Caesar
    • Mar 2003

Rumor has it chef...that they are prepared to offer him a 10-year deal...
    "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Von Halen
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I thought it was the program where mediocre coaches go to get rich!

Kelly will be the exception Poji.

Comment

• chefcraig
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
        Rumor has it chef...that they are prepared to offer him a 10-year deal...

As I was saying, it would not surprise me in the least. However, I do wonder about the practicality of such a move, with the television contract due to expire in 2015, ND's status as an independent evaporating and forcing them to possibly join a conference. Don't forget, the Big East’s television contract expires in 2012-13, which could further alter the landscape.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• conmee
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Mar 2003

Von/Pojo,

I lost my taint in a serious car wreck a few years ago, please don't joke about it...

That "coon" went 8-0 his first 8 games.... of course he then proceeded to go downhill a little after that...

Besides going for it on fourth the first time around and some defensive lapses, it wasn't all bad... BUT... I wouldn't think a BK coached team would get punked like that in overtime no less on a trick play. Especially knowing that MSU had a weak ass kicker and from 40+ yards out...

But that is the past, just like my taint...

That is all.

Icon©®™
          An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
          hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• conmee
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

P.S.

ND has a lot of alumni in high places and Dick Ebersol likes ND. NBC still makes money on the contract, surprisingly. And let's face it, exclusively broadcasting any one team in this day and age is a huge PR risk for networks, but at least with ND, wins/losses aside, you're not going to see an ND team ever have to vacate a season or give back a Heisman... you won't have to worry about an ND coach embarrassing the university or NBC with shit going down at Florida (arrests) or USC (everything), etc.

As long as folks like me tune in, win or lose, and Dick Ebersol is at NBC, the games will continue on NBC for a long time.

There's no financial or compulsory incentive for ND to join a conference, hell even BYU for chrissake left a FBS conference to go it alone. The ONLY way ND is forced to join a conference is if there were no automatic BCS bid for them and/or major programs stop scheduling them. But here's why neither of those scenarios will happen: greedy fucking universities will continue to play ND because of the publicity and payout of playing ND - the Big Ten gets more money playing ND than some SEC or other school on a per-game basis - the NBC proceeds are generally split between ND and the opposing schoool; and secondly, even without an automatic bid, which has been meaningless for them much of the past 16 years because they haven't won enough games anyway, the Irish can still get into good bowls and even a championship game, now that schools like Boise State and TCU are climbing the charts without the benefit of a major conference.

We can argue and theorize and piss and moan and talk about ass raping priests and high tuition and my taint until the cows come home, but I am telling you right now, GUARANTEEING IT IN FACT, that the Irish will be on NBC AND INDEPENDENT the rest of this decade. That's just the way it is.

That is all.

Icon©®™
            hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by conmee
              P.S.

ND has a lot of alumni in high places and Dick Ebersol likes ND. NBC still makes money on the contract, surprisingly. And let's face it, exclusively broadcasting any one team in this day and age is a huge PR risk for networks, but at least with ND, wins/losses aside, you're not going to see an ND team ever have to vacate a season or give back a Heisman... you won't have to worry about an ND coach embarrassing the university or NBC with shit going down at Florida (arrests) or USC (everything), etc.

As long as folks like me tune in, win or lose, and Dick Ebersol is at NBC, the games will continue on NBC for a long time.

There's no financial or compulsory incentive for ND to join a conference, hell even BYU for chrissake left a FBS conference to go it alone. The ONLY way ND is forced to join a conference is if there were no automatic BCS bid for them and/or major programs stop scheduling them. But here's why neither of those scenarios will happen: greedy fucking universities will continue to play ND because of the publicity and payout of playing ND - the Big Ten gets more money playing ND than some SEC or other school on a per-game basis - the NBC proceeds are generally split between ND and the opposing schoool; and secondly, even without an automatic bid, which has been meaningless for them much of the past 16 years because they haven't won enough games anyway, the Irish can still get into good bowls and even a championship game, now that schools like Boise State and TCU are climbing the charts without the benefit of a major conference.

We can argue and theorize and piss and moan and talk about ass raping priests and high tuition and my taint until the cows come home, but I am telling you right now, GUARANTEEING IT IN FACT, that the Irish will be on NBC AND INDEPENDENT the rest of this decade. That's just the way it is.

That is all.

Icon©®™
              BYU had one of the best quarterback programs in the country. I don't know if they still do. Boise State is coming along because they just plain have played some great football the last few years. Norte Dame seems to have a rehtro traditional feel that many people like and yeah, they have a pretty impressive alumni.
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Von Halen
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Is Commie hanging from some bridge right now, with a rope around his neck?

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

Rumor has it that the Big 10 turned down Notre Dame's request to join...

They are now exploring their options in the NCAA football bowl subdivision...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                    Rumor has it that the Big 10 turned down Notre Dame's request to join...

They are now exploring their options in the NCAA football bowl subdivision...
                    The whole shebang seems to slowly be slipping into the water. Our local paper (which prides itself on it's college sporting coverage) didn't even run a feature, let alone a small capsule about the game. When the paper spends more than half a page on lowly FAU and fails to mention Notre Dame anywhere, you really have to wonder.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• conmee
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I was actually spending the weekend with a lady friend in San Diego, so I didn't have time to lament the Notre Dame loss. I'm leaning toward apathy as a defense against further disappointment this season. With Army, W. Michigan, and Tulsa the only "safe" games on the schedule, this could be a 4-8 season if they don't steal a win from Navy, Utah, and Pitt. Yes, I said STEAL A WIN against Navy... it is that bad....

That is all.

Icon©®™

Comment

• conmee
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

The team still looks uneven as hell, but they barely scraped by with a home win against Pitt. Now at 3-3 I can finally revel in the glory of a .500 record!!! Not since we were 1-1 has the team been at .500.... how times and expectations have changed... GO 6-6!!!

That is all.

Icon©®™

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by conmee
                          Brethren and Sistren,

The team still looks uneven as hell, but they barely scraped by with a home win against Pitt. Now at 3-3 I can finally revel in the glory of a .500 record!!! Not since we were 1-1 has the team been at .500.... how times and expectations have changed... GO 6-6!!!

That is all.

Icon©®™
                          At least Pitt isn't completely shitty...just mostly...

Comment

• conmee
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

Despite waiting ten minutes for the thread to load, I'm here to update the thread on a fantastic win against a formidable MAC opponent in Western Michigan today. OK, that was sarcasm... but now the Irish are 4-3 and above .500 in god knows how long... with some Irish Luck, Grace of God, run the table, and media bias, we might actually get a decent bowl this year. Utah and USC are the only teams on the schedule keeping BK from guiding the Irish to a 9-3 season... I'm still not hoping for more than 7-5, but hell, if we can just beat USC that will make the season half successful... like I've said, if we aren't going to win a championship, at least beat UM and USC every year... too late for UM but we can still end the season on a high note with a win in SoCal (I'll be in attendance this year).

GO IRISH!

Icon©®™

Comment

• conmee
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

The Irish are 4-4 after getting destroyed by Navy. They have at least 2 losses upcoming against Utah and USC. And at this point, I'm not even sure Tulsa or Army are wins anymore. I mean the Irish didn't even look like they had any sort of game plan to stop Navy. I cheer for Navy all the time (father and grandfather both Navy vets) except against the Irish. But now... I think I will ask the Golden Dome for my tuition money back...

At least they can try to eek out a victory against Tulsa next week and then get a bye to prep for Utah.

And my Chargers keep finding a way to lose... just not a good year for Icon sports...

That is all.

Icon©®™

Comment

• Von Halen
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Cheer up Commie, history would prove Kelly will turn it around. I am not a ND fan, but I am a Kelly fan. He'll get 'em going.

Comment

Working...