The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conmee
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

Yeah, I saw that this morning... what part of playing around on the ledge of a balcony during Spring Break sounds like a good time? Fuck it, I did crazy shit too during Spring Break... complete tragedy.

That is all.

Icon©®™
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

This is the sort of thing that caused city commissioners to put an end to Spring Break here in Fort Lauderdale in the late eighties. Truly terrible, completely senseless and totally unnecessary.

Condolences to the young man's family.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

Well...I'm a three-year vet of the fun and games of spring break in Florida, two years in Daytona, and one in Panama City. One year I leapt from one balcony to another on the third floor...another year I jumped from a second floor into a pool...both times were in Panama City...

Daytona had strict enforcement...Panama City...not so much...but this was 17 years ago...

Apparently, he was giving someone the business on another balcony...and fell over. The railings were to specs, but obviously James is taller and generally bigger than most...

Sad...but it's not out of the norm...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• conmee
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

Well, well, well.... All the talk of conference this and conference that all came down to filthy lucre... And as long as NBC is feeding my dear ol' Notre Dame lucre by the bushel, might as well stay independent.

Having said that, if a conference is in the future, it would have been interesting to see them in the Big 10 given they play 3 to 4 Big 10 games a year (Michigan, Michigan St, Purdue, and an occasional PSU or Northwestern).

But with all the other sports in the Big East, maybe joining the Big East isn't a bad option from the standpoint that there is good balance across all the other sports, and Notre Dame hasn't played much better than a Louisville or West Virginia or Pitt or Cincinnati as of late, and hell, even Syracuse and UConn and Rutgers have had their fun at ND's expense on the gridiron. ND usually plays 2 Big East teams each year anyhow, well, shit... it would really be better if they were are 12 football-playing schools/teams or so... too bad the ACC raided them years ago... seems like if ND would have committed football to the Big East back then, they wouldn't have lost BC and Miami and company. Or perhaps, as Wikipedia suggests, it was really a power struggle between basketball powerhouses and football-focused VT, BC, and Miami.

I think ND is safe for a while as an independent... name schools will schedule ND for the guaranteed audience and cash, if not for the competition. Just wondering what happens down the road...

The Nebraska to Big 10 isn't sitting well with me, and Colorado to the Pac-10 is ridiculous. Does it even matter? Will a playoff emerge at some point and save us from the BCS?

I'm rambling... time for my nose candy.

That is all.

Icon©®™
          hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• conmee
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I can't believe I started this thread in 2004... and the original was actually for some reason at Von's DDLR.com and that went back to 2002 or so...

Well, I was hangin' out with SouljaBoy at the MGM in Las Vegas and with all the hoes and blow, suffice to say I'm just now able to wind down and go to sleep...

But I did want to mention the Irish win, and despite a safety for chrissake, a win is a win. Michigan will offer more of a challenge, but I'm feeling another win coming up.

That's about all the analysis I can do right now.

Looking forward to the rest of the season, gotta love college football!

That is all.

Icon©®™

Comment

• conmee
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

ND football has broken my heart often since that colored fella was coach. Ok, not really, even before that.

It was a good game. No excuses. Backup QBs for Irish need more practice evidently, too bad Nate can't channel his dad's QB prowess at will. Denard was on fire for Michigan, and Forcier can cry all he wants, there's no way he's getting back in a game this year unless Denard gets injured.

Crist did well overall but still had a few balls that sailed past receivers. Rather lose early (if at all) than later in the season. But I'd rather not lose to UM or USC... I could care less about the other games, so really, for me, the season is half over... they lose to USC and even if they get in a bowl I'm disappointed. Please just beat UM and USC every year and I'm good, despite the mediocrity.

Having said all that, the team is better coached (despite a false start) than during the Weiss era, and certainly better conditioned (95 yd reception/TD for a tight end in 4Q) and a defense that didn't give up any points in the second half until the last 2 mins. But still, playing soft at the corners I suppose might have been a compromise knowing inside would need help to contain Denard, but a couple breakdowns here and there, and a few (less than last year) missed tackles, still adds up to a loss. I think this is the first time in at least six years where I actually believe the defense will get BETTER over the course of the year.

Would it have been different if Crist played the entire game? Maybe, but then again, maybe not. Maybe they score an extra field goal in the first half instead of a TD and still lose. I don't play those games. A loss is a loss. No excuse. Bench has to be ready to at least "not lose" the game. Two interceptions and 9 possessions with no results? That's just not good enough from the 2nd/3rd QBs. I mean, at least don't make the mistakes, and the Irish would have had a better chance at winning.

I think Kelly has them pointed in the right direction. He punted when Weiss would have done something stupid. He has a playbook the players can execute for the most part, and the defense and special teams look better. All around, I think this will still be a decent year, maybe 8-4 and a bowl of some sort. For the first time since O'Leary lied on his resume, I feel things really will get better on the field this year.

That is all.

Icon©®™

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Dec 2003

I only watched a few minutes of the game, but the Montana youngin looked really shaky....

Do you think he's eventually going to live up to the hype, or will he be Pete Rose Jr. ??
                Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• conmee
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Mar 2003

I don't think Nate will be like Joe. He's also a "walk-on" who got a scholarship, so pretty safe to say he could do well, but doubt he'll be a legend or even a starter. He's option #2b of a mediocre 3 QB depth chart, and we have a couple good ones in the wings coming on next year.

That is all.

Icon©®™

Comment

• Von Halen
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

Dude, as much as I hate to say it, you have no worries. Kelly will have that program back to National prominence in no time. That's just a fact.

Comment

• conmee
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Mar 2003

Von,

You are officially my brother again! By the way, I'm out in your neck of the woods for the Auto Show and Auto World Congress in Jan. Maybe we can finally grab a couple hookers and some beers Clinton Township baby!!!

That is all.

Icon©®™☂

Comment

• conmee
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

I would have responded to the ND loss sooner, but I was drinking to numb the pain and passed out. It's only three games into a new regime and new season, so I'm keeping everything in perspective. Still, I feel like every year since 1994 has been a "learning experience" or "they're only going to get better" situation... And to make matters worse, my UNLV Rebels got slaughtered by freakin' IDAHO?!?! Not good at all, and my NFL Pick 'Em has also been disappointing.

No self-pity here, though. I shall sail through the rest of this season with a "journey is its own reward" philosophy. Win or lose, Icon©®™ will fight the good fight.

That is all.

Icon©®™

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                          Roth Army Caesar
                          • Mar 2003

Rumor has it that Notre Dame is searching for a new coach.

They received an application from some coach from the University of Central Florida. He said his name was Notre DameO'Leary, that he's won 12 national championships in 11 seasons, and has ND tatooed on his taint...
                          "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• Von Halen
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Dec 2003

I bet Commie has it tattooed on his taint!

Commie, 3 games in, he is barely losing to guys that are years into their programs. This is the right guy. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of comparing Kelly to that coon, or Weiss.

Comment

• chefcraig
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Apr 2004

What's most astounding in all of this is the idea that after the second loss, Notre Dame didn't immediately sign Kelley to a 5 year contract extension.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Von Halen
                                I bet Commie has it tattooed on his taint!

Commie, 3 games in, he is barely losing to guys that are years into their programs. This is the right guy. You should be ashamed of yourself for even thinking of comparing Kelly to that coon, or Weiss.
                                Vonny...you should know by now that Notre Dame is the program where good coaches go to die. Meyer couldn't recruit thugs there, and he refused to take his self-proclaimed "dream job."

I think BK is one of the best coaches in the country...but to win at Notre Dame, they need to go back to Holtthhzzz rulez...

Comment

Working...