The Official 2010-2011 Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Sports Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • conmee
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Mar 2003

Ok, this year has been an unmitigated disaster. I'm tired of seeing Charlie Weis on the sidelines with crusted spittle in the corners of his mouth and a glistening layer of sweat on his upper lip as if he's salivating about the post-game buffet. This is karma... dumping Willingham (not that keeping Ty would have been a good idea, but jeez, can't see it being worse at this point) because we thought we could get Urban Meyer, only for Urban to bolt to Florida and win a National Championship while we're working on the worst season in ND history... has to be karma.

What the fuck is a good idea about not kicking a field goal on 4th-and-8 to try to win the goddam game in regulation?

I'll post in this thread until the bitter end, but damn, this has been a horrible year to follow the Irish. I can barely watch an entire game of this team.

Icon.
    An Icon©®™Incorporated/GODDAM BUCK-KNIFE JACKBOOT MOTHERFUCK©®™ Production.
    hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

E.U.A.S. - "The Feng Shui in the House That Roth Built!"

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"It is possible to OverGap©®™" - Sesh©®™, 5-8-2013

"A reacharound doesn't need to be gay." - Sesh©®™, 1-18-2012

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

"For the love of jive, have a waborita and chill out." - Hitchman©®™, 5-18-2004

Comment

• LoungeMachine
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

It's all my fault.

blame me.

Originally posted by Kristy
      Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
      Originally posted by cadaverdog
      I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• conmee
        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
        • Mar 2003

I do blame you Lounge, and pray to the gods and spirits to infest your genitals with the 12 plagues of antiquity!!!!

Shit has been fucked up since VH went out on the road without Michael Anthony!!!! lol

Icon.
        hitchWORLD1969.com© and Old Boy Club© Co-Founder, Investor, and Spiritual Leader 1996-2024©™®

R.I.P. - Douglas Hitchens, Jr. aka Hitch1969 aka Supermodel Doug et al... 1-23-2017

"If we are going to have ex mods posting cocks can they at least be a manageable size." - Sesh©®™, 8-24-2011

Comment

• LoungeMachine
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jul 2004

The stars are aligned against us man......

Frightened Irish? suck.

Seahags? suck harder.

Hucking Fuskies? beyond suck.

It's a sad day when Ingraham Vs. Blanchett offers the best football...

VH went out on the road?

First I'm hearing of this. Link?

Out.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by conmee
            Ok, this year has been an unmitigated disaster. I'm tired of seeing Charlie Weis on the sidelines with crusted spittle in the corners of his mouth and a glistening layer of sweat on his upper lip as if he's salivating about the post-game buffet. This is karma... dumping Willingham (not that keeping Ty would have been a good idea, but jeez, can't see it being worse at this point) because we thought we could get Urban Meyer, only for Urban to bolt to Florida and win a National Championship while we're working on the worst season in ND history... has to be karma.

What the fuck is a good idea about not kicking a field goal on 4th-and-8 to try to win the goddam game in regulation?

I'll post in this thread until the bitter end, but damn, this has been a horrible year to follow the Irish. I can barely watch an entire game of this team.

Icon.

Dear Icon,
            I must still be tired from my Meadowlands road trip.... Did I actually see that Notre Dame lost to Navy ??

Love and Kisses,
            VA
            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• chi-town324
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Feb 2007

Ok, this year has been an unmitigated disaster. I'm tired of seeing Charlie Weis on the sidelines with crusted spittle in the corners of his mouth and a glistening layer of sweat on his upper lip as if he's salivating about the post-game buffet. This is karma... dumping Willingham (not that
              keeping Ty would have been a good idea, but jeez, can't see it being worse at this point) because we thought we could get Urban Meyer, only for Urban to bolt to Florida and win a National Championship while we're working on the worst season in ND history... has to be karma.

Icon.
              i feel your pain..i am a Notre Dame fan and a Rams fan

The worst season ever and i have watched a few games in my day

one win between both teams

BRUTAL!!

Comment

• conmee
                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                • Mar 2003

Well, thank god the season is over. 3-9?!?!? Closed out the season beating Duke and Stanford. Pathetic. Only hope next year goes better... can't blame shit on Willingham anymore, not that even this year is his fault... we'll see if Weis figures out how to coach student athletes or not in 2008...

It was really such a bad year, I don't have anything else to say. lol

That is all.

Icon.

STANFORD, Calif. (AP) -- As soon as the final whistle blew, the Notre Dame players gathered in the end zone to salute their fans and savor a season-ending victory.

The celebration continued in the locker room with multiple renditions of the school's fight song and pictures for the departing seniors. The Fighting Irish managed to put a positive finish on the worst season ever for college football's most storied team.

Robert Hughes ran for 136 yards and the go-ahead 6-yard touchdown with 6:06 remaining to help the Irish end the season with consecutive wins for the first time in 15 years by beating Stanford 21-14 Saturday.

"When we were singing in there -- and the last two games we didn't even worry about our record, just that we were winning those games," senior safety Tom Zbikowski said. "It feels good to get that feeling back of winning games."

But the Irish (3-9) know that the season-ending wins over Duke and Stanford can't erase all that went wrong earlier this season as the team set a school record for losses in Charlie Weis' third season at the school.

"It's still 3-9. Let's not kid ourselves," Weis said. "But at least it's 3-9 with two wins at the end of the year. Now all of a sudden, you're going into the offseason winning the last game at home and then we go on the road and win our last game there. Let's start moving forward now."

This was a mistake-filled game by all parties involved, with six turnovers, five missed field goals, four plays overturned by instant replay and a number of personal foul penalties.

After Derek Belch missed his fourth field goal of the game for Stanford (3-8), a 49-yarder following an interception by Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame drove for the winning score. Hughes broke off a 44-yard run down to the Cardinal 8 and scored two plays later to make it 21-14.

Hughes, whose 45-yard run on the first play was the longest for the Irish all season, ran for 246 yards in the final two games of his freshman season after gaining just 48 in Notre Dame's first 10 games.

"He played awesome," receiver David Grimes said. "He runs hard. He's huge. I wouldn't want to tackle him."

Doug Baldwin returned the ensuing kickoff 42 yards to the Stanford 48. T.C. Ostrander, who replaced an injured Tavita Pritchard earlier in the half, drove the Cardinal down to the 7.

But Evan Moore could not hold onto a pass in the end zone on third down and Ostrander couldn't connect with Richard Sherman on fourth down in the final minute to end Stanford's comeback attempt.

"It was a great pass. I didn't make the play when it mattered," Moore said. "It's disappointing but I'll bounce back. It was right in my hands. It was a good pass and I dropped it."

Both teams missed chances to break the tie earlier in the second half. Tom Zbikowski set up the Irish early in the third quarter with a 60-yard punt return to the 31. Notre Dame lost 16 yards on three plays, but kept the ball when Kelton Lynn was called for roughing the punter. Three plays later, Brandon Walker's 44-yard field goal attempt went wide right.

Later in the third quarter, the Cardinal appeared to turn the ball over when Terrail Lambert drilled Pritchard in the helmet, causing a fumble. After a replay review, Pritchard was ruled down before the fumble and Ostrander drove the Cardinal down for the go-ahead score but Belch was wide right on a 30-yard field goal attempt. Belch's miss later in the quarter was eighth in his last 10 attempts.

"I'm just dumbfounded," Belch said. "If you told me I'd go 0-for-4 I can't think of anything more embarrassing than that. All my misses were to the right. The leg is not getting through the ball. I let the team down. I lost this game. That's unacceptable."

The overturned fumble was one of three replay reviews to go against the Irish. One erased a 29-yard diving touchdown catch by Grimes in the third quarter and the other gave Anthony Kimble a 1-yard touchdown after he was initially ruled stopped short of the goal line on a second-down carry in the first quarter. Stanford had an interception by Nick Sanchez overturned in the second quarter.

Notre Dame lost three fumbles, and was stopped on a fourth-and-1 from its own 36 in the first 19 minutes of the game but was tied at 14 at the half because the Cardinal had nearly as many miscues.

Belch missed a pair of long field goals and Pritchard threw an interception deep in Cardinal territory to set up Notre Dame's first touchdown, a 2-yard sneak by Clausen. Stanford also allowed a 44-yard screen pass to Junior Jabbie on a third-and-20 to set up Travis Thomas' 1-yard run that tied the game at 14 with 48 seconds left in the half.

Notre Dame almost added another score on what would have been a spectacular finish to the half. David Bruton intercepted Pritchard's last-play heave at the 3 and began a three-lateral return to the end zone that was called back on a personal foul on Trevor Laws.

Zbikowski ran the final 30 yards after a lateral from Darrin Walls and the only thing missing was the band on the field as it was 25 years ago when California shocked Stanford with The Play.

In between Notre Dame's two scores, Kimble ran for a pair of touchdowns.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

But, But wait.....

Bowl Season is Here!!

Oh, nevermind.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                    • Dec 2003

Bumped....

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                      • Dec 2003

Title edited....

Comment

• chi-town324
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Feb 2007

At least they made a bowl this year...

Comment

• conmee
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Mar 2003

Brethren and Sistren,

Another year, perhaps with a cupcake schedule and no more Willingham excuses, now's the time for Weis and the team to step up.

Good start against Nevada, but c'mon, it's Nevada. Even with a win next week at Michigan (not a sure thing), I won't be convinced we've turned the corner until we beat USC...

That is all.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Who remembers Jerious Jackson?

Didn't know he broke Theisman's records there.

He is our CFL qb
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Brethren and Sistren,

Another year, perhaps with a cupcake schedule and no more Willingham excuses, now's the time for Weis and the team to step up.

Good start against Nevada, but c'mon, it's Nevada. Even with a win next week at Michigan (not a sure thing), I won't be convinced we've turned the corner until we beat USC...

That is all.

GO IRISH!!!

Icon.
                              Tough break, man.......that was a nail-biter! Go Blue!!!!!!!!
                              Originally posted by vandeleur
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                                ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                                • Dec 2003

Very entertaining game, I was surprised...

Even at the end, I thought ND got hosed a little... . Should have been 11 sec left after kick bounced out of the endzone, but they put it down to .09.... Even after that, on the last play, #23's knee hit with .01 left.... Pretty sure they had at least one timeout left...

Comment

Working...