• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
    I totally disagree with you about steve vai. Go buy his first album
    "Flex-able" and tell me he has no feeling.
    I agree he is good and has feeling. But that is the problem, he is merely good in my opinion. I don't understand these people who say he is one of the best.
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• bueno bob
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Matt White
      EVH was/is intimidated by Yngwie...and George Lynch...and Randy Rhoads.....

And remember people...DAVE asked Yngwie to join his post-VH project before he asked Steve Vai........

food for thought
      And Paul Gilbert...and Joe Satriani...and etc etc etc...

Ed hasn't played a NOTE worth listening to since 1984. Yngwie in 1987 would have handed him his ass on a silver platter, no doubt about it whatsoever. Of course, NUMEROUS guitarists would have handed Ed his ass in a similar fashion, Yngwie's not exactly any exception here.

Ed would have been playing keyboards during the dual...Sammy approved, of course...

Today? Jesus, there's no question....
      Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
        Sniper
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
        Ed would have been playing keyboards during the dual...Sammy approved, of course...
        LOL!

Comment

• frets5150
          Commando
          • Feb 2004

Last edited by frets5150; 09-09-2007, 02:23 AM.

Comment

• jharp84
            Veteran
            • Mar 2004

Hey GREAT FUCKIN SHIT!! HOW ABOUT VH 2007!! Where the FUCK ID YNGWIE AND VAI!! FUCK THEM!! THIS SITE IS ABOUT VH/2007!!

Comment

• jharp84
              Veteran
              • Mar 2004

AND THE "ID" was INTENTIONAL!!!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

malmsteen is a fat fuck doing swedish muppet shows...and that's where he belongs...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTydmBDEwW8"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTydmBDEwW8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• bueno bob
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Malmsteen's weight issue is severely overstated, honestly. He's a bit chunky, sure, but he's hardly "fat" and recently he's dropped a lot of that weight.

Bottom line is that he still plays fucking circles around the competition. Ed's no exception; Yngwie would still wipe his ass with Ed today if he had only three strings, was out of tune and was shit drunk all at once...

Of course, I could same the same about my old guitarist, so Yngwie's no exception to the rule, there...
                  Last edited by bueno bob; 09-11-2007, 02:33 AM.
                  Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Nov 2004

YEAH ,...... YOU KNOW WHO SHOWS UP AT YNGWIE SHOWS? ..... OTHER GUITAR PLAYERS ,TO HEAR 3 HOURS OF STRAIGHT JAMING ..... YOU KNOW WHO SHOWS UP AT VAN HALEN SHOWS ? ROCK FANS .......THERES ALOT OF GUITAR PLAYERS WHO CAN SHRED ,BUT IF YOU CANT WRITE A DEDCENT SONG ,WITH A GOOD HOOK OR MELODY YOU WONT SELL BUT FEW THOUSAND ,ALBUMS .......LOOK AT THE BEATLES AND ROLLING STONES FOR AN EXAMPLE .... MEDICORE MUSICIANS ,BUT THEY COULD WRITE GREAT SONGS ,THAT WHY THIER LEGENDS ..... IF YOU WALK DOWN THE STREET AND ASK THE AVERAGE PERSON HOW MANY "VAN HALEN SONGS THEY COULD NAME ,IT WOULD BE A LOT MORE THE ANY YNGWIE SONGS ......ED HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

WHY ARE YOU YELLING ?!!?

Comment

• bueno bob
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by BALLYJUNKIE
                        YEAH ,...... YOU KNOW WHO SHOWS UP AT YNGWIE SHOWS? ..... OTHER GUITAR PLAYERS ,TO HEAR 3 HOURS OF STRAIGHT JAMING .....
                        That's a common misconception. Yngwie has a lot more fans than you think, trust me. And if you think Malmsteen's concerts are "three hours of straight jamming", you've obviously never been to one and aren't in position to critique them, now, are ya?

YOU KNOW WHO SHOWS UP AT VAN HALEN SHOWS ? ROCK FANS .......
                        You're saying Yngwie's fans aren't rock fans?

I think a lot of them would beg to differ with that stupidity.

THERES ALOT OF GUITAR PLAYERS WHO CAN SHRED ,BUT IF YOU CANT WRITE A DEDCENT SONG ,WITH A GOOD HOOK OR MELODY YOU WONT SELL BUT FEW THOUSAND ,ALBUMS
                        Luckily enough, Yngwie can do both; that's why he's still around with a decent sized fanbase while all of his clones that sprung up in the mid to late 80's arent.

LOOK AT THE BEATLES AND ROLLING STONES FOR AN EXAMPLE .... MEDICORE MUSICIANS ,BUT THEY COULD WRITE GREAT SONGS ,THAT WHY THIER LEGENDS .....
                        Wow, that's cool. Did you actually have a point, or...? :confused:

IF YOU WALK DOWN THE STREET AND ASK THE AVERAGE PERSON HOW MANY "VAN HALEN SONGS THEY COULD NAME ,IT WOULD BE A LOT MORE THE ANY YNGWIE SONGS
                        The average person on the street will say "Jump", maybe "You Really Got Me" and walk away from you; the oddball character might say "Right Now". Beyond that, the 'average' person won't come up with much more.

But that's three more than most people will name out of Malmsteen, I'll give you that. On the plus side, though, Yngwie's had a lot better songs on his albums than Van Halen has since 1983, unless you want to argue that. Please try.

ED HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT
                        Of course he doesn't. He's in a position where he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to, and if all else fails, there's the basement, XBOX 360 and a all-you-can-drink buffet of Smoking Loon to fall back on...

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• ziggysmalls
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Dec 2006

All I know is that Steve Vai got his ass handed to him by Ralph Macchiao at the end of "Crossroads"

I tell you what, if I had to have somebody play for my soul it probably would be Steve Vai. However if I needed a hit song, he would be waiting by the phone like Mike Sobolewski.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
                            Sniper
                            • Apr 2004

YEAH ,...... YOU KNOW WHO SHOWS UP AT YNGWIE SHOWS? ..... OTHER GUITAR PLAYERS ,TO HEAR 3 HOURS OF STRAIGHT JAMING ..... YOU KNOW WHO SHOWS UP AT VAN HALEN SHOWS ? ROCK FANS .......THERES ALOT OF GUITAR PLAYERS WHO CAN SHRED ,BUT IF YOU CANT WRITE A DEDCENT SONG ,WITH A GOOD HOOK OR MELODY YOU WONT SELL BUT FEW THOUSAND ,ALBUMS .......LOOK AT THE BEATLES AND ROLLING STONES FOR AN EXAMPLE .... MEDICORE MUSICIANS ,BUT THEY COULD WRITE GREAT SONGS ,THAT WHY THIER LEGENDS ..... IF YOU WALK DOWN THE STREET AND ASK THE AVERAGE PERSON HOW MANY "VAN HALEN SONGS THEY COULD NAME ,IT WOULD BE A LOT MORE THE ANY YNGWIE SONGS ......ED HAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT
                            Well you just proved yourself and idiot. Yngwie has sold many millions of albums all over the world.

If you walk down the street and talk to the average person they are more likely to know who Milli Vanilli is than Vivaldi. Does that mean that Milli Vanilli is more talented than Vivaldi?

As for decent song writing did you know Yngwie was once nominated for a Grammy award?

And if you think Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Paul McCartney and John Lennon are bad musicians I guess nothing you say is worth listening to.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by dave_is_vh
                              ...I guess nothing you say is worth listening to.
                              Nothing anyone who can't find their 'caps' button has to say is worth listening to.
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...

What bullshit forum does this go ??

Gear Street ??

Airelle's dump ??

House of music ??

Hmmm...

Decisions decisions...

Comment